QuestionsCategory: ParentingI don’t want the father of my child involved?
Jessica Simpson asked 8 months ago
What can I do if I don’t want the father of my child to be involved?


1 Answers

Best Answer

Jessica Simpson answered 8 months ago
If your child is unborn and the father of the child is problematic or an abuser then you certainly can make him stay away from the baby and you.
However, a potential father in most of the countries has the right to be notified of the pregnancy, a paternity test and even custody after the child is born.
This doesn’t necessarily mean that they are given all these things, they just have the right to petition in court and if they are not capable they won’t be given any right and you can keep them from being involved.
Going through court is the only legal way of preventing the father of your child from being involved.